Most cannabis cultivators expect the more potent strains to come from a good standard cannabis seed, which is either a feminized cannabis strain or the autoflower strains. But as the days quickly pass and many experimentations carried out, feminized cannabis seeds are mostly preferred by most cannabis cultivators. It’s because of its capability to develop most female plants that make up a simple marijuana growing procedure.
Aside from that, during these days, most of the autoflower cannabis seeds are commonly feminized, preferably regular seeds. It’s because the autoflower strains can offer up to 100 percent flowering that it cannot be easily reproduced.
History of Autoflowers
In the past, you have to buy new seeds again every time you cultivate cannabis to get many plants that depend on your own selection as the feminized seeds can literally reproduce. However, many things already changed, starting from the time autoflowering cannabis strains hit the spot. The autoflowers cannabis strain was first initiated many years ago. Therefore, with the help of humans, many changes happen, including their potency.
Lowryder was one of the first autoflowers cannabis strains introduced that comes from the combination of the Northern Lights with Ruderalis. Lowryder is a great strain that offers many medical benefits such as fatigue and can aid the feeling of stress. But, Lowryder is known to have a less potent effect as compared to feminized strains.
Do not underestimate the effect of autoflower strains even if they are less sturdy than the usual feminized cannabis strain. Their difference lies in the duration of the effect. Within a half an hour after consuming the autoflower, you’ll feel its effect while regular, feminized cannabis strains can take for a few hours to take effect.
Feminized Cannabis Strains
Feminized cannabis strains are particularly bred to get rid of the male gene to produce only the female plants. They are considered as the female cannabis seeds. Cannabis cultivators that seek cannabis buds, which they can inhale, show only the female plants. The female marijuana plants develop more of the substance of both CBD and THC, unlike the male cannabis plant. While their genetic parents are generally adapted, the seed can be considered as totally natural as they develop a natural plant with the use of pollination.
The feminized seeds are the ideal way to develop a great personal plant. In many different areas where growing marijuana is legal for retail as well as personal use, the feminized cannabis plants may not demand any time and in-depth knowledge to grow it properly.
Advantages of feminized seeds
- Growing feminized seeds can guarantee every cannabis grower to only grow female plants, making it fast and simple to grow.
- Feminized seeds ensure that every plant it produces is viable cannabis and more productive with the possibility of getting rid of all male plants.
- Feminized seeds are similar to the regular seed when producing mother plants.
- The traits of the feminized seed can be determined by the total number of the plant that it produces.
- Most of the cannabis strains are sold as feminized seeds, and their genetics were carefully managed by the breeder to bring out the great features of every cannabis strain.
- Feminized seeds offer the consumer to have more choices of flavors that ensure the potential of the plant by increasing its genotype variation.
Autoflower Cannabis Strain
Autoflowers are not only produced impressive yields but also they have more potent effects as well. Autoflower, like its namesake, finishes its growing cycle for only nine weeks, making it loved by every cannabis grower. Many people thought that autoflowers have high CBD content with low THC amounts, but it is definitely wrong. There are autos having high THC levels too.
Aside from growing in any given condition, the autoflower plant also does not require a lot of time to grow as well. The autoflowers grow in a small plant that does not demand a lot of care because this strong plant grows fine with themselves. The only problem for an auto flower plant is the Ruderalis that do not possess high THC content. However, Ruderalis still has more advantages, and it has even the ability to combine with many different strains making it a better kind of itself. Experienced breeders know about this, and they even notice that they can breed the Ruderalis strain with any other strains to produce a high and fast THC content.
These days, the Ruderalis strains are combined with a lot of Sativa and Indica hybrids to produce more strains that can exactly give you a high that you are longing for. The autoflower can have a great harvest with a fast and higher potency as much as feminized cannabis strains have.
Advantages of an Autoflower Cannabis Strain
- The auto-flowering seeds grow in lower height plants that only demand for less maintenance in less than ideal conditions. Growers can grow it even in small spaces due to its height limit.
- The auto-flowering plants can grow and flower a lot quicker than other plants do. Growers want to have the fastest harvest and love to cultivate auto-flowering seeds.
- Autoflowering plants have more resistance. They can resist pests, molds, and even frost, while the regular cannabis plants can be easily affected by such conditions.
- Even though it is known that the auto-flowering plants have lower THC content, their CBD content is quite higher, which makes them ideal for medical purposes. The CBD content that comes from the effect of marijuana can be rarely intense and gentle but still can be able to get rid of the psychoactive properties of the THC.
- Autoflowering plants can grow discreetly, making it very ideal to just grow even in the balcony or in small apartments. Having a smaller structure can make them be the more attractive plants for those growers who want to cultivate Sativa but do not have enough growing space to do so.
- Autoflowering plants also do not require to alter the light cycle. Other plants need to change the light cycle during their vegetative to the flowering period, but the auto-flowering plant doesn’t have any light cycle uncertainty.
Now, you are more knowledgeable about the potency of feminized and autoflowering cannabis strains. You cannot say that one is more potent than the other because it all depends on genetics or cannabis strain. Generally, feminized cannabis plants produce more active cannabinoids, like THC, than most autos. On the other hand, Ruderalis or auto strains are best combined with Sativa and Indica hybrids, producing more strains that can give you a high feeling that you’re longing for.