Whether you are a first time plant grower or enthusiast, you will start to appreciate a good quality of potting soil. Remember that for every type a plant, one aspect to consider is the soil. It is for the plants to produce strong roots. When a strong root is established, you are sure that your plant is on its way to victory. At a basic level, soil is the top most layer of earth in which plants and other living things grow.
Today, there are quite a number of methods used in growing marijuana plants. Hydroponic is one way, but this method is quite complicated. Hydroponic systems have different types too, but we will discuss it some other time. Let us first stick to the more traditional way and know what the best soil for growing marijuana indoors is. Going back to basics, going back to soil!
Important Factors When Buying Marijuana Soil
When soil shopping for your marijuana plants, it is important to consider the following:
- Drainage Ability– because cannabis plants need a good mix of oxygen and water at the same time, when there is too much water, the plant roots will have a hard time getting enough oxygen. Overwatering will make the plant look droopy because the roots are not getting enough oxygen.
- Nutrients and microorganisms are essential for your plants’ growth. Nutrients like pumice, perlite, bone meal, blood meal, peat moss and so much more. Mineral nutrients such as Manganese, iron silicon, copper, and the list goes on.This will provide all the nutrients enough to get them through the whole growth cycle.
Perlite is a common soil amendment, it is recommended for any soil mix for most plants.
- The texture of the soil is as important as the nutrients. Soil for marijuana plants should be light, airy and moist. Spot check the soil before purchasing, it should appear dark and rich in color, hold water without getting muddy just moist, drains well and has a loose texture.
- A proper organic medium is the key to biodiversity for a soil to thrive. Making your own potting mix is very cost friendly. There are many different kinds of pre-made potting mix available in the market today. However, it will be beneficial if you know the component that makes up a good soil, when you want to create your own potting mix for your marijuana plant.
Choosing The Right Soil For Growing Marijuana Indoors
Here are some of the best potting soil for growing cannabis indoors, these pre-mixed soil can give your plants the best care.
- Foxfarm Happy Frog Potting Soil is made with enough nutrients your plants will need for growing. Happy Frog Potting mix is rich in fungi and microbes while will benefit your plants. It also contains bat guano, earthworm castings and forest humus. You will never have to worry about the nutrients your plants will be getting with Happy Frog Potting Mix
- Mother Earth Coco plus Perlite Mix is known as a potent marijuana potting soil. It contains 100% natural coconut coir with no artificial additives. With a composition of 70% coco pith and 30% perlite that allows your plant to have better aeration and drainage.
- Black gold 1302040-8 quart all organic potting Soil is a rich, potent and loamy blend of soil that goes well with any gardening applications. Every ingredient used for this mix is organic. It also contains pumice and perlite for optimum potency.
- Super Soil Organic Concentrate is one of the best soils for growing weed. With this soil, all you need to do is water and harvest. This soil contains potent microorganisms, high quality bat guano, organic earthworm casting, bone meal, fish bone meal, epsom salt, aloe vera and many more. It has all your plant will ever need.
Bottomline is, it is always good to know what your soil contains. When choosing marijuana medium yield, always check the growth and yield of your marijuana plant. Some people may choose hydroponics, but for newbies, the traditional way is better. When you are just starting up, you will not need more complications to begin. Once you get the soil mix part right, you are already halfway to a good start. It is quite normal for first timers to become overwhelmed with the things that need remembering before starting the project. But with knowledge and research, you will be able to produce the best soil for growing marijuana indoors without breaking the bank.