The Cannabis industry is at its tipping point. We are living in an era where the cannabis industry is making waves. Because cannabis has become popular, cannabis enthusiasts have come up with different products from cannabis like edibles such as gummies, candies, blunts, tinctures, and oil. Interestingly, these products are appealing to most cannabis consumers and many share their experiences on how to create such cannabis treats. Type “how to make cannabis candies” or “how to make marijuana oil,” and Google will give you several results. Not surprising at all.
One of the very useful products derived from cannabis or marijuana is cannabis oil or canna oil. Marijuana oil is used in many recipes. Since the tetrahydrocannabinol or THC found in cannabis is fat-soluble, it is easy to bind with food. Marijuana oil is becoming popular, and it can also be bought in the market. But wouldn’t it be nice if you can actually create your very own marijuana oil?
Is Marijuana oil the same as CBD Oil?
The answer is No. Marijuana oil is different from CBD oil. CBD oil is produced from industrial-grade hemp which contains medical properties like the anticancer THC cannabinoid. On the other hand, marijuana oil can be made using different methods, and it is not complicated to make. You can use simple resources and conveniently, you can make it at home. Curious about how to make marijuana oil at home? Read on as we provide you with the steps on how to make your very own marijuana oil.
How to Make Marijuana Oil
In making marijuana oil, you must know what kind of marijuana oil you would like to make. It can be a THC-rich oil, CBD-rich oil, or a combination of the two. THC-rich marijuana oil may have a slight psychoactive effect while CBD-rich marijuana oil can be used in treating several medical conditions. CBD-rich marijuana oil is best for daily consumption. So, are you ready to know how to make marijuana oil? Here’s how.
In making your marijuana oil, you have to prepare the ingredients first.
- Marijuana strain (1/2 ounce of good quality decarboxylated dried strain)
- Water (4 Cups)
- 1 1/4 cups oil (olive, vegetable, canola, grapeseed, coconut, etc.)
There are several ways to make marijuana oil.
- Add the water, oil, and marijuana to the slow cooker.
- Stir it occasionally.
- Cook for 4-8 hours. Some use this method to cook their marijuana oil for 2-3 days for best results.
- The low heat evenly cooks the ingredients
Stove Top method:
- Add the oil and marijuana strain inside a lidded Dutch oven.
- Place it on top of a stove.
- Bring to a boil.
- As soon as it boils, reduce to very low heat.
- Allow it to simmer for about 2-4 hours.
- Be keen on monitoring the water level
- Make sure to have at least 3 cups of liquid in the pot.
- Let it simmer and enjoy the aroma. Simmering will bring out the aroma of the marijuana oil. So if you do not want your neighbors to get curious about what you are cooking, make sure to have great ventilation.
Mason Jar Method:
You will need the following in making marijuana oil using the mason jar method.
- Canning jar and a lid
- A saucepan (about 2-3 qt or larger)
- The kitchen towel is folded up and placed at the bottom of the saucepan. This will be used to buffer the heat.
- Decarboxylated cannabis (preferable crumbled)
Here are what you need to do:
- Put the crumbled decarboxylated cannabis strain with your oil. You can use a variety of oil like granola, virgin coconut, olive oil, etc.
- Place the kitchen towel in the bottom of the saucepan.
- Put the filled mason jar on the towel and fill the saucepan with water. Put as much water as possible, but make sure that the jar will not float.
- Put the pan into medium heat. Let it simmer. Monitor the water. Check and open the jar every 30 minutes while infusing to avoid any pressure build-up. Stir the contents every time you check it.
- This method will take about 3-4 hours, as this is a low-temperature method. During the process, continually monitor the amount of water inside the pot at the level of the infused liquid in the jar.
- Strain the marijuana infusion using a small screen strainer and transfer it to another clean jar.
How to drain and strain Marijuana Oil
Regardless of the method that you want to use in making your marijuana oil, one important thing that you need to do right is how to drain and strain the mixture.
- You can use a cheesecloth-lined strainer on a large bowl or pot and carefully strain the liquid through this.
- Before discarding the leftover plant materials, pour a kettle of boiling water to wash over the strainer or any excess oil clinging to the plant material.
- Allow it to cool and squeeze out the liquid.
- Discard the plant materials.
The steps mentioned above are the easiest ways on how to make marijuana oil. Thanks to the creativity of cannabis enthusiasts, homemade marijuana oil is widely available. The good thing about this is that you are no longer confined to buying marijuana oil; you can actually make your own.
Marijuana oil is very versatile and can be applied topically, ingested, or even inhaled. It is made of simple materials and is easy to make.
In learning how to make marijuana oil, you need to make sure that you choose the best weed to use and follow the steps and directions on how to make it. Making marijuana oil may take time, but with patience, the results would be outstanding.
You can now start making marijuana oil using different strains. You can use a THC-rich strain or a CBD-rich strain; it really depends on you. It will give you many options on how to enjoy your cannabis edibles using your homemade marijuana oil. So, prepare everything that you need. It’s time to make your very own marijuana oil.