There are tremendous ways on how to enjoy your favorite marijuana strain. It could be either smoking, ointments, vaporizing, or the easiest and most convenient way, and that is through edibles.
The most common recipe for marijuana edibles is a brownie. It is widely known by everyone because it can deliver similar potent effects of marijuana when smoked, but without dealing with coughing. Instead, it is a fun and delicious delivery method for ingestion, as long as done properly.
Before knowing how to make marijuana brownies, we recommend to start making them from scratch rather than from a premixed box. Apart from it is much cheaper in price, the quality of homemade marijuana brownies are better, and you can freely adjust the effects of marijuana according to your tolerance.
Scroll below to learn how to make marijuana brownies and what are the few essential things to consider before making one.
Amount of Weed
Doing homemade marijuana brownies allows you to control the amount of marijuana in the mixture. Always take note before deciding, remember that the THC, a compound in marijuana that promotes psychoactive effects, is metabolized by our body differently. Compared to smoking, the effects of edibles come in slowly and gradually. The time it will consume before the effects kick in, relies solely on how much you ingested.Hence, it is essential to minimize the amount of marijuana in the mixture of your brownie recipe. Of course, marijuana brownies’ main intention is to make you high, but you should avoid getting wrecked completely.For instance, if the recipe requires a half cup of butter, then to minimize the amount of weed used, try mixing ¼ cup regular butter with a ¼ cup of cannabutter. This is extremely useful for people who eat more without thinking of how much THC they have taken. In this way, you and your friends can enjoy eating brownies without getting paranoid about the dosage.
Some cases that experienced overdosage of marijuana brownies, still wake up the next day extremely high. With this, it is best, to begin with, slow consumption and waits for the effect of taking in, before having another bite. Keep in mind of the strain you use in how to make marijuana brownies. For people who like the feeling of being stimulated and energetic, a Sativa strain is for you. Meanwhile, people who like relaxation and calmness should opt for an Indica strain.
How to Make Marijuana Brownies: Things You Need to Know
Before learning the easy steps on how to make marijuana brownies, it is essential to allow your marijuana to undergo the process of decarboxylation to extract and maximize its true potential. This process involves heating the marijuana buds in water to activate the chemical compounds it has and transform them into a psychoactive form.
On top of this, each strain of marijuana has various levels of THC and other cannabinoids, and these could affect users in many ways unique from each other. It can provide adverse effects regardless of how valuable it is for others, but when ingested too much may cause anxiety, psychosis, paranoia, and other unfavorable impacts. Because of how easy edibles are to consume, people often forget to take easy on the sweet treat. In fact, edibles are the highest reported case of intoxication.
Easy Steps On How to Make Marijuana Brownies
Before preparing for the baking process, gather first the necessary ingredients for the procedure.
- You need 1/8 cup of marijuana, grounded finely using a blender or any of your choice. Take note; you are allowed to decrease or increase the amount of marijuana depending on your tolerance and preferences
- ¾ cup of butter, unsalted or not
- Three pieces of eggs
- ½ teaspoon of salt, preferably kosher
- Two teaspoons of extract from vanilla
- One and ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- One and ¾ cup of sugar or coconut sugar
- Four ounces of chocolate, preferably unsweetened one
- 2/3 cup of finely chopped walnuts, this ingredient is optional and depends on your preference
- You can add to the mixture three pieces of mint leaves to offset the classic scent and natural flavors of marijuana.
Let’s start cooking!
- The first step on how to make marijuana brownies is to prepare the oven and preheat it at 115 degrees Celsius or 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the marijuana be baked evenly by spreading it on a baking sheet and let it sit for 50 minutes. You can check it within 35 minutes; afterward, you can remove it from the oven and set it aside. This is now your decarboxylated marijuana.
- The next step is to prepare a saucepan in medium-sized. Over low heat fire, melt the butter. After, add the decarboxylated marijuana into the mixture, and let it simmer for forty-five minutes. Afterward, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a cheesecloth or any filter of your choice to strain the excess solid particles of the decarboxylated marijuana. You can save the excess to make a tea. Prepare the oven and preheat it at 177 degrees Celsius and use a cooking spray to grease the baking pan, preferably made of glass.
- In a separate bowl, put the chocolate and let it melt using the steam of boiling water, or you can use the microwave. When the chocolate is melted already, pour in the mixture of butter and decarboxylated marijuana. Next, pour the coconut sugar, followed by kosher salt, and lastly, vanilla extract.
- While mixing, slowly add the eggs one at a time until all the added ingredients are fully mixed, without air bubbles. You can add to the mixture the flour. If you prefer to add walnuts and mint, this is the time to add them up.
- Smoothen the mixture and place it on the counter to assure that no air is present inside. Afterward, the next step is to let the batter pour into the pan and wait for fifteen minutes to bake it.
- Take off the pan from the oven and let it cool down for around ten minutes maximum. The marijuana brownies are ready to eat at this point. However, you should let it cool down entirely to avoid damaging the innards. If you have short patience, it is better to cut small sizes from the pan to ensure you do not damage the whole layer. These are the easy and simple ways on how to make marijuana brownies at home.
Before indulging yourself in the homemade marijuana brownies that you made, always remember that there are around 29 milligrams of THC in every inch slice of your special brownies. Make sure to lower the dosage of marijuana if you are not used to smoking or using marijuana frequently.
Try not to ingest more than the dosage of five milligrams of marijuana brownies at a single time. Allow the brownies to take in by the body for at least sixty minutes before ingesting another bite.
Making Marijuana brownies are very easy and fun to bake. It gives a delightful and delicious taste that you can enjoy for hours. Always remember that less is more. If you are a beginner user, make sure to slow down the intake. Bite one and let the effects sink in and observe how your body will react until you reach you’re desired high. Try not to be impatient and eat more than desired. You might end up really wasted for a long period.