The hydroponic marijuana growing method is a procedure of growing cannabis plants that use mineral solutions and water nutrients instead of soil. As its name describes, it is a soilless growing method wherein water is considered as the primary medium.
Using this hydroponic growing procedure, your cannabis plants use buckets or baskets that are filled with a motionless growing medium that drapes over the tank that contains water. The water that is used is filled with all nutrients for plants in order to survive and prosper.
Benefits of Hydroponic Marijuana Growing
This unusual growing method exhibits many distinctive forms and systems that every marijuana grower tends to use in different grow setups. There are tons of advantages when using hydroponic for cultivation.
Most cannabis growers are now using different hydroponic methods as their technique to maximize their yields and speed their growing period. Using the soil when growing in an indoor setting can be challenging due to the following:
- The need to regularly and carefully observe the soil pH
- The sensitivity of the plant to any pest problem
- Recycling soil
- Hard to decide what amount of nutrients to use
With the use of the hydroponic method in growing marijuana, you can use a small number of growing media that you can use again for nutrient management. Doing such controls, you’re able to grow bigger buds, more potent, and most especially healthier cannabis plants.
Even if you do not have any growing experience before, the hydroponic grow method is a great way to develop marijuana in any given space. You may find it complicated at first, but by knowing the basic techniques and common marijuana plant needs, you will now know that it is not that hard to do as you first imagined.
Setting Up the Hydroponic
There are a lot of arrangements that you need to grow hydroponically. In setting up the growing hydroponic, you don’t need any kind of growing medium at all. You just need to provide different materials to help you get the benefits, so some ideas should be used when picking the right medium for your cannabis plants. When building a hydroponic system, keep in mind that there are a lot of plug and play structures available for those who are looking for something that is easier to set up.
Using a plug and play structure, you have everything you need in a streamlined package to permit hydroponic cannabis growing. The first thing to do is to collect all the materials needed. There are a lot of things that you can adjust in a hydroponic system to make it easier and favorable to you. The following items are the tools and equipment needed in order to install your hydroponic system that does not incorporate lights, fans, filters, and any other common need for cannabis grow room.
- Plastic tube
- Dripping line
- Gallon bucket that needs for each plant (at least 3 to 5 gallon)
- Growing table
- Water and air pump
- Dripping line expend (needs one or more each plant)
- Light fibrous material cube (needs one 1.5 inches as starter plug on each plant)
- Clay pellets (just right enough to fill every bucket)
Hydroponic Marijuana Growing
After you collected all the materials needed, you may now start to build your own hydroponic growing setup.
- The first thing to do is to set up the tank. The tank is where all the nutrients solution is placed. The tank can come in all shapes and sizes that depend on the space and size of your area. This tank holds a water pump as well as an air stone. The tanks should have a line from the air pump up to the air stone with a drainage line that comes from the growing table. The tanks must have a line that comes from the water pump to the dripping line.
- The second step is to make your own growing table. The grounds of the growing table is used to hold and return the unneeded water from the plants to the tank. In order to do this right, the growing table you need is a low point where all the unwanted water can travel. The low point is where you place the drain that will bring the water back to the tanks with the use of plastic tubing.
- Then, you can now add the gallon buckets that are loaded with clay pellets to the growing table. Before you use the clay pellets, you first need to dip it overnight to permit it to become totally soaked with the water in order for your plants to drink.
- The buckets should have holes to allow drainage of excess amount of water into the growing table. It is essential that the holes are about half diameter or about the size of clay pellets to avoid the clay pellets from blocking the holes.
- Use the plastic tube that comes from the water of the water pump, and then you can line it to the growing table. You may use dripping line materials to penetrate the holes in the plastic tubing and expand the dripping line into each gallon bucket.
- You may now attach the dripping line beam to the end side of the dripping lines.
- You can run the water system without plants to practice if all is working properly. The hydroponic system may not have standing water at all. The air pump needs to be functioning in order to keep the water in the tank that is aerated and moving.
- The gallon buckets and growing table also drain the unwanted water to go back into the tank.
- Once that all the solution you need for your plants is ready. You may now begin to grow in the light fibrous material cube and place all of them into the clay pellets.
- Lastly, insert the dripping line so that all the moisture is holding out the light fibrous material cube, and the roots will now begin.
The hydroponic marijuana growing method was a great option when you needed to grow more cannabis plants. As long as the tank has enough elements to support all your cannabis plants, you can set it up at home and provide the right amount of water and other aspects of care they need.