Though some countries have already legalized or in the process of legalizing marijuana consumption, having access to it, especially those edibles, is still very difficult. In this challenge put on our hands, there is still a way of making homemade edibles given the right ingredients.
Making marijuana edible is somewhat straightforward and enjoyable. But this may be varied if this is your first time trying it. Being a first-time adventurer, having a comprehensive guide in making it will be beneficial. One of these edibles that you may want to try is the marijuana cake. Marijuana cake is a perfect edible for beginners looking to try making at home.
In this article, we will discuss how to make a marijuana cake and what things are needed. But before that, choosing the right strain is your first step to your delectable experience.
What is the best weed for marijuana cake?
Purple Queen is the first on the list. This strain is infused with potent and excellent flavor and aroma. It is packed with a citrus character that can be an excellent addition to your marijuana cake. Not only that, it can provide a fruity flavor, but it can also present a powerful experience. Purple Queen is fueled with up to 22 percent of THC, ideal for those looking for a deep relaxing feeling with a euphoric high.
Lemon Haze is the second on the list. One with a very potent and delectable character, it is infused with a lemon-like aroma. Its terpene can undoubtedly enhance the flavor of the cake you are about to make with a touch of citrus. Not only that, it can offer a delicious flavor, but it can also boost its sativa-like effects. It can buzz the mind with a very creative and focused sense.
Choosing this strain for your marijuana cake talks about a very productive and artistic day ahead. With its up to 20 percent of THC composition, the effect it can showcase is powerful. After at least finishing the first slice of your cake, you can expect to be euphoric, giggly, and energized.
Royal Cookies is the last on the list. Being the last doesn’t mean it can offer the least effects. This strain is infused with potent composition as it can hold up to 23 percent of THC, which is more than enough to fulfill every users’ needs. An indica leaning strain has acquired sweet and flavorful character from its lineage genetics, making it a great addition to your ingredients. As soon as you finished the first slice, it can no wonder offer a genuinely strong high with a touch of relaxing and euphoric effects that can last for more than an hour.
Your very first step in making a cake is to prepare your weed. As you will be making an edible, decarbing it is essential. This process of decarboxylating includes heating the weed for it to be perfect and very potent without losing its essence.
As you are well known with the term THC, THCA is different. This compound in marijuana can generate THC when heated, which is solely liable for getting you high. Without heating it and eating the weed in raw give no effects at all. This is because of THCA. THCA includes no psychoactive properties.
With that, mixing the weed without the process of decarboxylation can give no high effects. In most baking recipes, the weed is usually added using cooking oil soaked with THC oil or cannabutter. But on this recipe, you can use decarbed weed of your choice. The following step is given below on how to decarb your weed.
Steps in decarboxylating
- Preheat the oven first. It should be preheated up to 46 degrees Celsius.
- Crush your chosen weed until it gets refined and even. You can crush 8 grams of buds.
- Place a baking paper or parchment on the metal tray.
- Place the refined weed on the metal tray and evenly spread it.
- Place the metal tray in the oven for 45 minutes. You should mix the refined weed every 15 minutes.
Note: Make sure that you are not heating the weed at a very high temperature. Doing this can lessen slay the terpene and its cannabinoids.
What are the ingredients?
Marijuana cake may be composed of a variety of ingredients. Yet, there are limited ingredients that are available in the kitchen. You will be needing the following:
- Decarb weed (8 grams of buds)
- Cannabutter (optional)
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chocolate pieces
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ can of chocolate icing
- ½ cup of freeze-dried fruits
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- Mixer (manual or electric)
- Mixing spatula
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
- Baking pan
1.With the first step that has already been undertaken above, decarb weed is already ready.
2. Melt the chocolate chips. When already melted, mix your ingredient in the mixing bowl. You can start by putting the egg and sugar. Mix it until it gets soft and fluffy. Add the salt and the flour. Mix it thoroughly until it gets smooth. You can use a manual or electric mixer for this.
3. Add the decarbed weed with your freeze-dried fruits. Alternately, you can add cannabutter if you have one. After adding the decarbed weed, add the melted chocolate you made and blend it. You can use the mixing spatula or your manual or electric mixer for this step.
4. With the mixture already ready, put the parchment paper on the baking tray. Spread it thoroughly and put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, use a knife and insert it inside the cake to see if it is completely baked. If the knife came out clean, it means that the marijuana cake is ready. If not, bake it for 5 minutes more. Watch it closely and make sure that the top of the cake isn’t burnt.
6. When the cake is ready, set it aside for 20 minutes. Once it already cooled down, you can decorate it with chocolate icing.
Making your marijuana cake is not only fun but also exciting. In your journey of learning how to make a cake, it is also the time that you can savor your delectable cake for a wonderful and fabulous high experience.