There are four types of seeds known currently in the world of cannabis cultivation. They are the regular, feminized, auto-flowering, and CBD seeds. These four types of seeds greatly differ in many ways. However, nowadays, two of them stand out being opted to grow by many cultivators. They are the regular and feminized seeds due to their great features and ability.
Remember the first time you wanted to grow marijuana in your garden? Before even picking the strain itself, you may be bumped into selecting as to if it is a regular of a feminized one. There are various of seedbanks available online that classifies their seeds into different types. Understanding their differences, uses, and way of growing can help you choose which of these seeds can help you.
In this article, we will be talking about how regular and feminized seeds differ. But before we even go further, let us understand their definition to better differentiate them if your preferences suit it or not.
What is a regular seed?
Regular seed as its name suggests it is a regular type of seed that has not been modified or altered in any way. This type of seed has been produced naturally by pollinating two strains that are specifically male and female marijuana plants. This type of seed has been progressively becoming famous to many marijuana cultivators who wanted to create a new strain in which another variety of seeds has not in any way have an ability to do. ‘
Regular seeds are also regarded to be very strong unlike other types of seeds. As they were produced naturally, their vigor is much better than others. Moreover, the creation of regular seeds only comes from the pollination process. The danger of natural processes is that we sometimes don’t have any control over the results.
As there are 50 50 chances in producing successfully using the regular seeds, they may be generated with female and males ones making them not really preferable for new growers as it takes time for them to achieve the result. It takes time for a grower to separate males to females in order to create a perfectly combine sexes for the new strain.
Regula type of seeds is also those seeds that are leaned on in creating clones. It is not more focused on female ones alone. It can also create a new clone for males which are very beneficial in the continuation of species and a new generation for the near future.
What is a feminized seed?
A feminized seed on the other hand guarantees female plants during the harvest time. If you are looking into growing the plant you opt to without any further challenges of separating males from female plants, a feminized seed is a seed you are looking for. It gives you at least 99 percent chances of growing the female plant you specifically wanted in the first place. Yet, this type of seed is not considered suitable for creating new strains.
The process of creating feminized seeds vastly differs from the natural process a regular seed has. Instead of a female and male plant united together, a feminized seed has been created with the union of two female plants.
Feminized seeds are perfectly made for beginners who their main intention is to grow their specified strain without the chance of getting new pollens to stuck on the other. It is preferred for those whose sole reason is getting resinous buds at the end of the growing process.
What is the difference between regular seeds and female seeds?
- Regular seeds can produce 50 50 chance of female plants at the end of the day while feminized seeds can guarantee you of up to 99 percent chance in producing female plants during the process.
- Regular seeds are much vigorous in structure than the feminized seeds. Regular seeds are much stable against environmental stress than the feminized ones.
- Regular seeds are the seeds used in creating new species while feminized seeds cannot be used in the creation of new species.
- Regular seeds are ideal in the production of new and healthy clones while feminized seeds are weaker in this process.
- Regular seeds are made in the natural pollination process while feminized seeds are produced with alteration or modification.
- Regular seeds cannot guarantee resinous buds without great experience but feminized can guarantee resinous buds during the harvest as that is why they were made for.
- Regular seeds take a lot of time in cultivation and it is eventually costly while feminized seeds take lesser time and it is cost-effective.
- Regular seeds are for those cultivators whos main motive is seeds and not buds while feminized seeds are for those growers whos main motive are buds than seeds.
- Regular seeds require great monitoring while feminized seeds do need to be strictly monitored during the growing process.
In understanding the difference between regular seeds and feminized ones, you will get a great idea of which one will work best for you. While it is your main responsibility as to what type of seed you will choose, relying upon the characteristics of the seed can give you great results at the end of the day. If you are the type of grower who is much more experience and would like a thrill in growing, choosing regular seed will be your best option while if you are the type of grower whose main motive is to get a great number of resinous buds during the harvest time, feminized one will be for you.
If your main reason of growing cannabis is by creating new species or healthy clones, regular seeds will work through it while if you are the type of grower whose sole reason is to harvest in a reasonable amount of time without further challenges in separating males from female ones, feminized is going to perfectly work for you.
Regular seeds are typically regarded for cannabis cultivators who are more experienced while feminized seeds are suitable for novices whose main reason is to harvest buds at the end of the day.